A Brief History Of All Saints

A Brief History Of All Saints

 

All Saints is an Anglican Church in the ancient Diocese of Sodor & Man. The original church was built as a Chapel of Ease for St George's Church to serve the increasing residential population of Upper Douglas. It was dedicated in July 1898 and, although intended to be a temporary building, it stood for 67 years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is still affectionately referred to by some local people as the ‘Tin Tab’. The foundation stone of this original church has been incorporated into the pathway outside the 'new' church.  The church building closed its doors following a final service on 30th April 2017.  The new joint Parish of St George and All Saints is now served by St Georges Church and the All Saints Church Hall. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the new All Saints Church was consecrated in April 1967 it was the first Anglican Church to be built on the island for over 50 years and it is now a registered building. All Saints became a parish in its own right in 1995.